Topic Classical Greek not working properly in MS Word

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

Keyboard Details Greek Classical Keyboard Downloads and Details

# Classical Greek not working properly in MS Word   2016-11-06 07:07:40.530
José María Llovet
Hello.

I have a serious problem with the Classical Greek keyboard. I have used it without any problem for quite some time in Windows, but now I switched to MAC and tried installing it. The installation was fine and it is running almost perfectly. The only program which seems to do not agree with the classical greek keyboard is MS Word. When I activate the greek keyboard, it switches to greek and apparently there is no problem as I start typing. But when I try to insert an accent or a breathing, MS Word turns the letter into an ugly unintelligible character. I have tried in MS Word 2015 and MS Word 2011. It doesn't work in either one. The strangest thing for me is that it works perfectly in the rest of the programs, including MS PowerPoint, Notes, etc. I have tried everything: disabling spelling check and autocorrect, I have tried disabling everything related to the keyboard and the language in the configuration of MS Word, but nothing seems to work.

Also, I have made a little video in which the issue can be appreciated. You can look view it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Nddv04fE3Kd1dxcTloODRYZUk/view?usp=sharing

By the way, I am using a MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and installed the Keyman software and the classical greek keyboard just a few weeks ago (the latest releases).

Any help would be very much appreciated.

José María
# RE: Classical Greek not working properly in MS Word   2016-11-06 19:55:47.873
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Thanks for the detailed feedback and the video. We are aware of some compatibility issues with Keyman for Mac OS X Beta and some applications. Your feedback will help us to trace and hopefully resolve the problems in a future build. Remember that Keyman for Mac OS X is currently in beta (that is, it is a test version) and so we are working on resolving issues like the one you describe.