Topic Keyman desktop won't show installed keyboard

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# Keyman desktop won't show installed keyboard   2014-12-16 07:07:53.333
Steven White
I have a keyboard installed. Its name appears in the Configuration window, but in the main Keyman window, all I see is the US keyboard. So I cannot use my installed keyboard. [/img]
# RE: Keyman desktop won't show installed keyboard   2014-12-16 07:58:43.317
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
It looks like the image you attached was lost? Can you send us a diagnostic report (see http://help.keyman.com/kb/40 for instructions) so we can investigate?
# RE: Keyman desktop won't show installed keyboard   2014-12-18 03:24:33.180
Steven White
Just submitted case 69516

# RE: Keyman desktop won't show installed keyboard   2014-12-18 09:10:22.900
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
I've reviewed the diagnostic and can't see anything wrong -- I'm now trying to understand exactly what it is that is you are experiencing:

* Are you able to select your keyboard from the Keyman menu?

* When you say the "main Keyman window", are you referring to the On Screen Keyboard? And if so, are you expecting to see different key caps?

* When you type with your physical keyboard, do the rules in your keyboard layout work?

I note that your keyboard is installed as a .kmx file. If you want to install it together with an on screen keyboard (.kvk file), you need to package them together using the Package Wizard. An overview on creating packages in Keyman Developer can be found here: http://help.keyman.com/developer/9.0/docs/tutorial_package.php
# RE: Keyman desktop won't show installed keyboard   2014-12-19 03:01:02.663
Steven White
What I meant by the main window is what appears when I click the Keyman icon in the notification area. In the list of keyboards, I only saw "English (United States)".

I have now gotten Keyman desktop to work. I had folders for older Keyman versions in Program files (x86)\Common files\Tavultesoft, and there were also references in my registry, in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Tavultesoft.

When I cleared all those out, then did a "repair" from the Keyman Desktop 9.0 installer, the keyboards started displaying.
# RE: Keyman desktop won't show installed keyboard   2014-12-23 06:00:04.260
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Steven,

Glad you got that working. It sounds like somehow part of the Keyman 8 engine was running for Keyman 9. We'll keep that in mind for future fixes.

Marc
# RE: Keyman desktop won't show installed keyboard   2015-11-05 21:42:35.407
HV
It seems that I have a similar issue. I installed Keyman 9, installed a keyboard, but it won't show up when I click on the keyman icon. I first opened some software in which to use it so that doesn't seem to be the problem. I also removed a few previous versions of keyman but am not sure if the registry is clean.
# RE: Keyman desktop won't show installed keyboard   2015-11-06 07:42:36.810
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Can you try installing the beta version at http://tavultesoft.com/beta?