Topic iPad Keyman Free 2 - very disappointed

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# iPad Keyman Free 2 - very disappointed   2014-11-11 05:07:26.763
Steve Jones
I downloaded the new version of Keyman for the iPad.
What a mistake - in version 1 at least some of the keyboards worked. Now, any attempt to change the keyboard just turns the bottom half of the screen grey - no keyboard visible.
I'm using IOS 6.1.6. Was any usability testing carried out?
As it stands the app is useless.
I expected better from Tavultesoft.
regards
Steve Jones
# RE: iPad Keyman Free 2 - very disappointed   2014-11-11 07:23:54.143
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi Steve,

I'm sorry to hear that version 2 is going wrong on your iPad. We've done a lot of testing, which is a large part of why the app has taken a while to come out, but I must admit we haven't tested on iOS 6.1, because the Apple development tools (Xcode) only support the two most recent versions of iOS -- at this point, 7.x and 8.x. I'll ask our iOS developer to take a look at the issue.

Would you be interested or willing to beta test an update?

Marc
# RE: iPad Keyman Free 2 - very disappointed   2014-11-11 09:36:41.463
Steve Jones
Marc
Thanks for the swift response. I should have said iPhone, not iPad, though from what you say the IOS version is the key factor. A quick google tells me that about 15% of iPhone users are still on iPhone 3 = IOS 6.
I am happy to beta test if that will help.
regards
Steve Jones
# RE: iPad Keyman Free 2 - very disappointed   2014-11-11 13:39:28.750
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
iPad and iPhone will behave the same, yes. Our developer has tested against iOS 6.1 now and found an issue, so he is working on a fix. This issue isn't appearing on more recent versions of iOS.

I've organised an invite to our Keyman for iPhone and iPad beta program to the email associated with your forum account. When we finish testing here, it would be great if you could try the beta version so that we know that it corrects the problem for you before we submit the update to the app store again.