Topic Some Tamil Letters are not display in Onscreen Keyboard - Keyman 8

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# Some Tamil Letters are not display in Onscreen Keyboard - Keyman 8   2011-07-08 03:20:05.143
Mr Pradeeka Seneviratne
I assigned following code to the virtual key:

+ [K_V] > u+200b '?'

In keyman Developer 7.1 it correctly displays ? in onscreen keyboard. But in keyman Developer 8 displays ?. After installing the keyboard also I am getting this issue in Keyman Desktop 8. But I can type the letter without any problem. Is it a bug in Keyman 8 Developer.
# RE: Some Tamil Letters are not display in Onscreen Keyboard - Keyman 8   2011-07-09 09:07:12.720
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi Pradeeka,

Which font have you selected in the On Screen Keyboard? Can you send us a copy of the .kvk file (to [email protected]) so that we can examine it to understand what might be happening?
# RE: Some Tamil Letters are not display in Onscreen Keyboard - Keyman 8   2011-07-10 21:47:50.797
Mr Pradeeka Seneviratne
Hi,

I have solved the above problem and these are the steps.

1. In 'Design an on-screen keyboard' in Keyman Developer 8, simply delete the loaded character (loaded by Fill from layput button)in 'Text' text box.

2. Drag the character again from the Character Map (change the insert mode to character in Character Map )

3. Compile the keyboard

Now in keyman Developer 8 '?' appears correctly on the on-screen keyboard key.

But in Keyman Developer 7.1 no need to apply above steps.
# RE: Some Tamil Letters are not display in Onscreen Keyboard - Keyman 8   2011-07-11 10:13:16.470
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
I'm not sure what is going on there -- it would be hard to know exactly what the cause is without seeing the original .kvk file which had the problem. Glad to hear you go it solved though -- good work!
# RE: Some Tamil Letters are not display in Onscreen Keyboard - Keyman 8   2015-03-16 20:05:35.283
kris ross
Need to know more about keyman developer letter for Tamil for our foreign project. Maybe a book of it is perfect guide, but don't know where to get it, anyway I can download it online?