Topic Nuer diacritics (ɛ̈ɛ̱)

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# Nuer diacritics (ɛ̈ɛ̱)   2010-11-07 06:23:19.597
ɛ̈ɛ̱ problem
hello,
I'm using keymanWeb on a joomla based website. I cannot get the diacritics(?¨?_) to work correctly for Nuer language. As you can see, they show up correctly in the title of the topic but not in the textarea. Particularly, it seems to work in the forum page but not in the comment...it's just not consistent. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
# RE: Nuer diacritics (ɛ̈ɛ̱)   2010-11-08 20:28:27.737
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
That sounds like it might be a font issue: browsers often have trouble with diacritics if the textarea uses a monospaced font (as they usually do by default).

Do you have a sample webpage we can view to assist in diagnosing the problem? You can send it through to [email protected] if you'd prefer not to publicly show the URL.
# RE: Nuer diacritics (ɛ̈ɛ̱)   2010-11-09 10:47:52.780
Andrew C.
Keyboard Designer
The first things to rule out are:

* the text layout/font rendering system supports rendering combining diacritics; and
* an opentype font suitable for Nuer is being used to display text. Usual safe bets are the SIL fonts: Charis SIL, Doulos SIL and the recently released Gentium Plus. There are a number of other fonts that would also be suitable.

if you are having trouble with (?¨?_), then i'll assume you are also having trouble with (?_¨).

Could you indicate which operating system, web browser (and version) and which fonts you are using. That will narrow the problem down to either a template/theme problem or an input problem.