Topic Where does the bookmarklet not work?

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# Where does the bookmarklet not work?   2010-06-03 05:13:13.673
Jim Darlack
Where does the bookmarklet not work? For instance, the bookmarklet works just fine for me in a standard form field (see the search field in the top-right of my school's website http://www.gordonconwell.edu) or on Google's search page. However, on some fields it does not work (for instance in the search field in GMail, or the "status" field in Facebook).
# RE: Where does the bookmarklet not work?   2010-06-03 10:16:05.580
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
Thank you for reporting these two locations where the bookmarklet isn't working.

We were aware of a limitation in the current release with Gmail and we know how to fix that one. The status field in Facebook is a little more complex but we'll investigate it further and work on a fix.

We don't have a big list of places where it isn't working (Gmail was the only one on our list) -- so if you find any more, please do report them!
# RE: Where does the bookmarklet not work?   2010-06-04 01:17:50.597
Jim Darlack
Is there a particular rhyme or reason that it might not work in certain fields? I ask because I've noticed that the bookmarklet does not work in my school's course management system rich text editor (run with the program 'sakai'). It seems that it has something to do with the editor being loaded in an inline frame. (When I split the editor out of the frame, the bookmarklet does work.)
# RE: Where does the bookmarklet not work?   2010-06-04 11:18:01.167
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
Yes, there are two scenarios in which the attachment is not automatically occurring:

* contentEditable elements (such as div)
* elements within iframes (as KeymanWeb does not currently enumerate editable elements within iframes).

You can attach manually to elements within iframes using KeymanWeb.AttachToControl (http://www.tavultesoft.com/keymandev/documentation/70/reference_kmw_AttachToControl.html). contentEditable divs are a bit more complex and are not currently supported with KeymanWeb. We are currently working on full support for both of these scenarios.
# RE: Where does the bookmarklet not work?   2010-06-08 19:48:59.207
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
I'm pleased to announce that we have released an update to the Bookmarklet that works now with Gmail. We have also dramatically simplified the Bookmarklet signup -- see http://www.tavultesoft.com/keymanweb/bookmarklet.php

We are still working on a solution for the Facebook contentEditable div. We know how to solve the problem -- it is just a case of making sure we get all the details right!
# RE: Where does the bookmarklet not work?   2010-06-08 19:50:12.927
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
I would also note that this update to KeymanWeb adds support for elements within IFRAMEs, so I would hope that this resolves the issue for your sakai editor in the inline frame.