Topic hot to support keyman to a java application

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# hot to support keyman to a java application   2009-07-19 19:42:31.763
nuwan
Hi,
Can we use keyman for a java application?i have checked with a java application which is generated by jbuilder ealier version.it works.but that jbuilder shows some problems.so i choosed netbeans as my new IDE.When i tried with a java application which is created with netbeans IDE.but its not supported by keyman.so how to make my programme to support with key man.Thanks.

Nuwan
# RE: hot to support keyman to a java application   2009-07-20 17:49:04.883
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi Nuwan,

Can you give us some more information:

Which version of netbeans are you using?
Which version of Keyman are you using?
What behaviour do you get when you try and use Keyman? Do you get no input, basic English letters, or something else?
Are you having issues with Unicode or non-Unicode input?
If you can send us a small sample program (to [email protected]) with source code that we can test here, that would be helpful.
# RE: hot to support keyman to a java application   2009-07-20 19:34:23.877
nuwan
im using netbeans 6.0
keyman version 6.0.164.0
ok ill send u all the files of netbeans project.as zip file.
and my font file(s).

situation like this:
i need to use the keymans' job inside the textfield.i have selected the font as Amalee for the textfield.
1.activate the keyman
2.run msword and type "j" then"a"
3.after type the letter "a" then the two keys are dissapeared and the new character is displayed in word.
4.run my java application
5.type "j" then"a"
6.the both letters are there but they are not replaced with required letter.
This is the problem.Can u help me?
i will send u netbeans project as seperate rar file and font(s) as seperate rar files
Thank u for the immediate reply.Thanks again.
# RE: hot to support keyman to a java application   2009-07-22 08:13:53.420
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Ok, we received your files and will review them and get back to you on the cause of this issue.

In our initial testing with Netbeans we had no problems with using Keyman Desktop 7.1 with a Netbeans compiled app.
# RE: hot to support keyman to a java application   2009-07-22 08:26:32.090
nuwan
but my client used the keyman version which i have mentioneed.and they have paid for that.so i need to implement with the version that i have mention.So what i have to do.ill check it with ure solution and reply.Thanks for replying me.Thanx again