Topic Confusion over versions and features

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# Confusion over versions and features   2008-08-20 18:42:36.940
Amaryllis
Question no. 1:

I download Keyman Developer from http://www.tavultesoft.com/keymandev/

While the page is entitled Tavultesoft Keyman Developer 7.1, the bottom links refer to "What's New in 7.0". Also, when I install, the product version is 7.0. Finally, the on-line documentation also refers to version 7.0.

What is the matter? Simply somebody forgot to update the version number or am I really installing the previous version?

Question no. 2:

Is there a new version of the branding pack as well? Where do I get it from?

Do I need to create a new branding pack for the new version or do I simply recompile my old one?

Thanks in advance,

Amaryllis
# RE: Confusion over versions and features   2008-08-21 20:34:46.553
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
1. There are still some pages on the website which refer to version 7.0. We are progressively updating these - it takes time :) Where in the program are you seeing version 7.0? Is it in the Start Menu? We have noted an version number issue there that we will address in the next update.

You can verify the version you have installed by clicking Help/About.

2. There are a number of changes to the Branding Pack in version 7.1. We are working on a white paper with more information about this and we hope to release it next week, all going well. You will be able to upgrade your existing branding pack file, although you may choose to start again if you wish to access some of the new functionality more easily.

Kind Regards,

Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Pty Ltd
# RE: Confusion over versions and features   2008-08-22 20:56:35.930
Amaryllis
It seems that we need to start with a new branding file when recompiling a project under Keyman Developer version 7.1.
This OK, as long as one knows it.
I did it, and my project ran OK.
# RE: Confusion over versions and features   2008-08-22 21:03:44.127
Amaryllis
Should I wait for instructions concerning Branding Pack 7.1 before I recustomize my project?
# RE: Confusion over versions and features   2008-08-23 01:44:15.893
Amaryllis
When I click on the keyman desktop tray icon, I get a title Keyman Desktop 7.0
# RE: Confusion over versions and features   2008-08-25 22:01:44.883
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi Amaryllis,

Thank you for your feedback. We have made note of the issues that you reported and they will be addressed in a minor update shortly.

We will be putting together some more information on updating with the Branding Pack. This will include instructions on updating, information on what has changed, and some tips and tricks to maximize the usability of the Branding Pack.