Topic error when trying to compile package

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# error when trying to compile package   2007-08-12 02:27:29.493
TM
I get an error message trying to compile a package: Could not find the Keyman program path. Check that Keyman is installed correctly.

What does this mean? I've had Keyman installed for years. I created several packages a few years ago. Why am I getting this message now? What can I do about it?
# RE: error when trying to compile package   2007-08-13 09:21:47.900
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Which versions of Keyman and Keyman Developer do you have installed?

It sounds like you are trying to compile a redistributable installer package. In Keyman Developer 6.x, this requires a valid installation of Keyman, as it uses the Keyman installation when building the installer.

This message means that that the Keyman installation is not being recognized by Keyman Developer. The easiest way to fix the issue is to install Keyman again (no need to uninstall first). It can also occur if you have different versions of Keyman and Keyman Developer installed, if you are using Keyman Developer 6.0, 6.1 or 6.2.

You can also check the [root path] registry setting for Keyman in HKLM\Software\Tavultesoft\Keyman\6.0. If this entry is missing, or the path it refers to does not exist, this issue can occur.