Topic Bribri Font Keyboard

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

Keyboard Details SIL IPA Unicode‌ Keyboard Downloads and Details

# Bribri Font Keyboard   2007-04-18 11:24:58.513
River of God
I am trying to set up a Bribri keyboard for use with the Doulos SIL font. This has been used for the Bribri Bible translation in Costa Rica and is also the font for the Cabecar Bible translation work. I need help to set up the keyboard for PCs that are going to the missionaries working on the translations.

I am new to Keyman. If I need to create my own keyboard, can you point me to the instructions on how to do that. Thanks! ... Blane
# RE: Bribri Font Keyboard   2007-04-18 11:34:24.717
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi Blane,

Keyman Developer is used to create keyboards for Keyman. You can download the trial version, which includes a tutorial and help on creating keyboards, from the downloads page:
http://www.tavultesoft.com/70/download.php

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us!

Kind regards,

Paul Durdin
# RE: Bribri Font Keyboard   2007-04-18 12:07:21.577
River of God
I only have need for the one keyboard. Actually I have an installer with the Bribri keyboard included in it, but it is version 6.0. I cannot see a way to export the keyboard to installit with the new version 7 Keyman. Is there a file I can transfer to use the old keyboard set-up with the new Keyman release? I was hoping that it would see the old keyboard as I installed the new version, but it did not and only installed the new version without keyboards.
# RE: Bribri Font Keyboard   2007-04-18 12:26:37.280
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi Blane,

The version 6.0 keyboard should work fine in Keyman Desktop 7.0. To extract it, go the following folder on your computer when Keyman 6.0 is running with the Bribri keyboard installed:

C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataTavultesoftKeymanKeyboard

There should be a subfolder for each installed keyboard -- one should have the Bribri keyboard in it. If it was a package, it will be in the "_Package" subfolder. The keyboard file itself will have a .KMX extension.

Once you've located the Bribri keyboard, copy it to another more easily remembered location. Then open Keyman Desktop 7.0 Configuration, click Install Keyboard, and browse to the Bribri keyboard. Click Open to install it.

Kind regards,

Paul Durdin
# RE: Bribri Font Keyboard   2007-04-18 12:40:07.233
River of God
Thank you Paul. I will give that a Try. I really appreciate your help.