Topic unable to create taskbar

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# unable to create taskbar   2006-10-11 05:30:13.563
Mr. Anthony Whalen
I am using the Home edition which gives me little to squawk about (I love it for Ancient Greek)but in start-up in Windows XP I get an intermittent problem with a "unable to create taskbar for Keyman". Is there anything I can do for this. Also, I find that Palatino Linotype is my most successful font for ancient Greek; it looks good and does the different accents, breathing marks, diacritical marks and iota-subscript and Palatino Linotype is a standard Windows XP font which means I can send my documents to anyone with XP. Any suggestions about the startup issue or about another good ancient Greek font? Thanks. T.
# RE: unable to create taskbar   2006-10-11 10:07:31.423
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi Anthony,

The taskbar issue is normally caused by anti-virus software (we've seen happen it with Norton Anti-Virus) that prevents other software from loading at the same time.

Updating to the latest version of Keyman may fix the issue. If not, there is unfortunately no other option but to start Keyman manually after booting up.

With regard to ancient Greek fonts, try checking the Greek keyboards listed on our website -- they may recommend some fonts.

Kind regards,

Paul Durdin
Tavultesoft Pty Ltd