Topic Dynamically add & remove keyboard via javascript

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# Dynamically add & remove keyboard via javascript   2014-12-11 09:06:27.980
Matt
I am using KeymanWeb 2.0 (build 376).

I have a HTML select list of languages on my test form.

When the user selects a language name from the select list, the keyboard is dynamically added to the form.

I can do this with the following code:

:

(function(kmw) {
        kmw.init();
        } else if ($("#id_language_code").val() == 'sq' ) {
            kmw.addKeyboards('albanian');
        }
    })(tavultesoft.keymanweb);

As I only want to display one KeymanWeb keyboard at any time, how do I dynamically remove the existing keyboard from the form?
# RE: Dynamically add & remove keyboard via javascript   2014-12-11 11:25:58.017
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
Thanks for the question. There as an API call to remove keyboards as well, and we will post the answer on this forum after confirming that it works correctly.
# RE: Dynamically add & remove keyboard via javascript   2014-12-11 11:49:12.630
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
The call:

keymanweb.removeKeyboards(keyboardName1,keyboardName2,...);

will unload previously loaded keyboards by name.

So, for example, if you have used:

keymanweb.addKeyboards("georgian");

to load the standard keyboard layout for Georgian (Keyboard_georgian), you would use:

keymanweb.removeKeyboards("georgian");

to unload it again.

Hope this helps!
# RE: Dynamically add & remove keyboard via javascript   2014-12-11 14:02:04.010
Matt
Thank you for the response.

That did help me enormously.

To complete this task, how do I confirm the name of the KeymanWeb keyboard that is loaded or in use on the form.

Attempting to remove a keyboard that does not exist, returns an error.

Thanks in advance.
# RE: Dynamically add & remove keyboard via javascript   2014-12-12 07:28:34.567
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
You should be able to call keymanweb.getKeyboards() to retrieve an array of the currently registered keyboards. See http://help.keyman.com/developer/engine/web/2.0/reference_kmw20_core_getKeyboards.php for more detail (and yeah, we're working on the documentation...)
# RE: Dynamically add & remove keyboard via javascript   2014-12-12 07:29:08.250
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
I've also logged an issue to address the error attempting to remove an unregistered keyboard. It should return false but not an error in this case, I guess.