Topic Keyman 6.2 and non admin users

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# Keyman 6.2 and non admin users   2010-05-11 18:27:00.587
It Admin Marcelo Reimer
Hi guys
I am running a Windows Domain here and the users that user Keyman are standard users and or power users.
I can't seem to get Keyman to work for the users, unless i give them administrative rights, thus defeating the purpose of running a domain.
Can you help me out and let me know what needs to be done to allow them to use keyman: ie change registry entries or permissions? They have permissions for Full control on the program files\Tavultesoft and sub folders.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Marcelo
# RE: Keyman 6.2 and non admin users   2010-05-12 10:19:47.240
Tavultesoft
Tavultesoft Staff
It is certainly possible to run Keyman as a standard user and version 6.2 should not require Admin access either to Program Files or HKLM in the registry. A few questions for you:

* Do you receive any error messages or what are the symptoms of the problem?

* Which version of Windows are you running on the client machines?

* How have you deployed Keyman to the client machines?

* Which build of Keyman are you running (6.2.183.0 or an earlier build)?
# RE: Keyman 6.2 and non admin users   2010-06-24 15:52:59.860
It Admin Marcelo Reime
thanks for your quick reply.
My bad for not posting the error message:
KEYMAN HAS BEEN DAMAGED. PLEASE REINSTALL KEYMAN AND TRY AGAIN
to answer your questions:
1. the only error i get is on logon saying that KEYMAN HAS BEEN DAMAGED. PLEASE REINSTALL KEYMAN AND TRY AGAIN
2. I am running windows XP Pro on those machines
3. there are two ways i deploy Keyman. normally i install it from that users account, giving them admin rights and changing them back later. Or i install it as the administrator.
4. i am using build 6.2.174-0
Again, when i give that user admin rights, keyman starts up properly, change him back to standard user, same problem.