Topic Can't swich keyboards

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

« First Page | ‹ Previous 10 | Next 10 › | Last Page »

# RE: Can't swich keyboards   2009-12-16 08:33:21.400
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
OK, it is possible there is a conflict with another application on your system. I see from your diagnostic report that there are a few other programs that do take control of the keyboard, and it might be worth disabling these temporarily to see if one of these is the problem:

* ABBYY Lingvo
* Ask and Record Toolbar
* Pop-Up Dictionary
# RE: Can't swich keyboards   2009-12-17 19:21:56.217
Mr Geriatric Harka
I think no :( Couse I tryed also in safe mode but Keyman didn't work too :(

What is the file name for "Ask and Record Toolbar" in processes list?
# RE: Can't swich keyboards   2009-12-18 07:50:42.630
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
The process is C:\Program Files\Replay Media Catcher\FLVSrvc.exe. Note that it isn't enough to terminate the process in Task Manager, because the (potentially) conflicting DLL will remain in memory in other processes. You need to prevent it from starting with Windows.

A good tool for managing applications that start with Windows is Autoruns from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx
# RE: Can't swich keyboards   2009-12-19 00:05:05.927
Mr Geriatric Harka
I removed those programs through msconfig from startup, restarted windows and after even reinstaled Keyman but nothing helped. Keyboards do not swiching and the icon in the taskbar do not changes :(
# RE: Can't swich keyboards   2009-12-19 20:04:43.070
Mr Geriatric Harka
and one more thing, when I open "On Sreen Kyboard" window says that "No keyboard layouts are currently installed or loaded". Seems the program do not see that keyboars are already installed.
# RE: Can't swich keyboards   2009-12-21 09:33:10.780
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
I had another review of your diagnostic report. There are a couple of things in the report that puzzle me: (1) your trial has expired so Keyman should not even be starting; (2) the file kmcomapi.dll appears to have been modified, which would most likely explain why Keyman is not working correctly.

I suggest you:

1. Uninstall Keyman Desktop
2. Delete C:\Program Files\Common Files\Tavultesoft\Keyman Engine 7.0 if it still exists (due to the modified kmcomapi.dll)
3. Download the latest version, 7.1.268.0, from http://www.tavultesoft.com/70/download.php

Note that as your trial has expired, you will need to purchase a license to continue using Keyman Desktop.
# RE: Can't swich keyboards   2009-12-21 18:10:31.890
Mr Geriatric Harka
but the same was with version 6 so I dont whant waste money on not working soft. Sorry :(
# RE: Can't swich keyboards   2009-12-22 07:01:48.757
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
I completely understand wanting the software to work before you pay for it. I would be willing to extend your evaluation by 30 days so you can get Keyman Desktop working for you before you pay for it. To organise extension of your evaluation, email [email protected] and reference this forum topic.

« First Page | ‹ Previous 10 | Next 10 › | Last Page »