Topic Keyman Desktop is not running?

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# Keyman Desktop is not running?   2009-10-25 17:38:51.753
rcraioveanu
Hi,

I've been using Keyman Desktop for a few weeks now and I've been quite pleased with it -- but I adjusted something earlier today (I have no idea what), and it stopped working. The system tray icon remained an orange K no matter what keyboard I selected (although the shortcuts for the keyboards still changed my system language, and the font in Word), and the Onscreen keyboard window told me I had "no keyboard layouts installed or loaded", even though the Configuration window listed them.

Baffled, and not finding any related issues on this site, I decided to try uninstalling it completely and reinstalling, to see if that fixed it, but it doesn't -- and when the Getting Started tutorial window opens, I get a popup saying "Keyman Desktop is not running. Please start Keyman Desktop from the Start Menu..." etc. (If I do so, it just opens a second instance of the program, which tells me the same thing)

I'm running 7.1.268.0 on Vista x64. What could possibly be causing this?

Many thanks in advance :)
# RE: Keyman Desktop is not running?   2009-10-27 12:06:50.013
Tavultesoft
Hello -

We're sorry for the problem you've experienced. Would you be able to send a support diagnostic to [email protected]? Instructions for sending a support diagnostic are here:
http://www.tavultesoft.com/kb/?id=40