Topic Unregistered keyboard

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# Unregistered keyboard   2009-07-23 20:17:31.380
BGMan
Hi,
Why, after making keyboard with program Keyman Developer 7.1 appear messege "The keyboard name.kmx is unregistered. It may only be used for development purposes. It may not be redistributed. Install anyway?"
That it is necessary will do? If possible, help me.
# RE: Unregistered keyboard   2009-07-23 21:59:35.650
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi BGMan,

You receiving this message because you compiled your keyboard with a trial version of Keyman Developer. Keyman Developor can be tested for 30 days: you are not permitted to distribute or use keyboards created with Keyman Developer until you have purchased a licence.

You can purchase a licence online at https://secure.tavultesoft.com/buy/ or contact Tavultesoft Sales [email protected] for other payment options.

Once you have a licenced version of Keyman Developer, simply recompile the keyboard and this message will no longer appear.
# RE: Unregistered keyboard   2009-07-23 22:36:15.760
BGMan
Thank's, Tavultesoft, for your post.

I have bought Keyman Desktop 7.1. Think that with her can not create to keyboard.
Possible with program Keyman Developer will create unicode keyboard only with output of the symbol in on-screen keyboard, without it is necessary to write code in source.

# RE: Unregistered keyboard   2009-07-23 23:17:31.543
BGMan
[quote="BGMan"]Thank's, Tavultesoft, for your post.

I have bought Keyman Desktop 7.1. Think that with her can not create to keyboard.
Possible with program Keyman Developer will create unicode keyboard only with output of the symbol in "Design an on-screen keyboard", without it is necessary to write code in source.

[/quote]
# RE: Unregistered keyboard   2009-07-24 08:42:31.377
Tavultesoft
Hi BGMan,

I'm not certain I understand your question. You mention that you bought Keyman Developer but you aren't able to compile your keyboard. Are you designing your keyboard from the source code or from the On Screen Keyboard? What kind of keyboard layout are you designing?
# RE: Unregistered keyboard   2009-07-24 16:26:19.223
BGMan
My question was: Possible create unicode keyboard, with "Design an on-screen keyboard" only. Want to do Glagolitic (Cyrilic) to keyboard.Excuse me us for bad english
# RE: Unregistered keyboard   2009-07-27 08:41:16.853
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Yes, it is certainly possible to design your keyboard using the Keyboard Wizard in Keyman Developer. This will let you design the keyboard without writing code. You can test Keyman Developer and your keyboards that you create for 30 days. You will need to pay for a licence for Keyman Developer in order to use any keyboards you create.