Topic I need help

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# I need help   2007-12-02 02:02:35.307
Ageyo
I'm using a tavultesoft keyboard a trial version 7.I don't have such a knowledge to develop a website.I got a drag and drop website developer using a GF ZEMEN Unicode fonts.With my keyboard setting to Amharic language i can write with out any problem.But the problem comes automaticaly when i click out of that area,all the written characters are changed to ???????.Is there any one who has an idea to help me?

Ageyo
# RE: I need help   2007-12-03 08:16:56.150
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
It sounds like the file you are editing is not in Unicode format. You need to change the file format to: Unicode (or UTF-8, UTF-16 or similar). Which web page editor are you using?
# RE: I need help   2007-12-03 12:10:34.587
Andrew C.
Keyboard Designer
There are three possibilities that i can see:

1) Your web site builder is not Unicode based;

2) Your web site builder is not currently using Unicode and needs to be set to use Unicode (in its options or preferences), as Marc suggested; or

3) Your web site builder is Unicode based by uses the old Windows 95 internationalization model, and can only support languages that are available via single Microsoft codepages.

If your web site builder cannot support Unicode, you will need ot use different software or type up the text in a text editor and then convert the Unicode text to numerical character references (NCRs) and paste the NCRs into the web site builder.
# RE: I need help   2007-12-09 10:16:19.650
Ageyo
I thank both of you for your quick replay.As I said above i don't have a good knowledge of web developing.But from what i understand the web site developer is using unicodeFormat(UTF 8).I also wrote my text on word 2003 copied and pasted it.on word it wors perfectly but on the website the characters change to ?????????.May be if have time (and of course if you are willing)you can check the website's developer website and may prove it at www.vodahost.com .
Is this from my computer?Pls help me to find the solution.
Ageyo

# RE: I need help   2007-12-10 14:09:15.430
Andrew C.
Keyboard Designer
Dear Ageyo

if you can display the Amharic text in Word using GZ Zemen Unicode, then there is no problem with your computer.

The problem may be with the web page editor you are using, or may be with the CMS you are using, or maybe with the server settings you are using.

From what i see on http://www.vodahost.com/ they seem to offer a range of different applications.

Andrew