Topic Spacing for root, superscripts and subscripts. Also, stacking.

We have two new locations for Keyman technical support:

The Tavultesoft Forums are now read only.

# Spacing for root, superscripts and subscripts. Also, stacking.   2007-07-08 03:53:46.600
Lance David Bergerson
Keyman Desktop 7.0 Light, Tibetan. The vertical and horizontal spacing between some of the characters do not align. ie: shift period - HUNG?????, shift L - naro?????.

Also, please instruct on how to stack. Thank you.
# RE: Spacing for root, superscripts and subscripts. Also, stacking.   2007-07-09 19:37:13.850
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
Hi,

Can you please specify which Tibetan keyboard you are using? We have three listed on our site:

* Tibetan - THDL
* Tibetan Unicode (Direct Input) v2
* Tibetan Unicode (EWTS) v2

Kind Regards,

Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Pty Ltd
# RE: Spacing for root, superscripts and subscripts. Also, stacking.   2007-07-10 10:30:28.493
Lance David Bergerson
Thanks for your reply. The keyboard is Sambhota #1 Unicode. Please confirm that my problem may be the evaluation light version of the software is not as precise as the full version. My evaluation copy expires in another day or so. I would ike to purchase the software, but I want to minimize the configuration time required to download and the learning time to figure out the nuances.

Thanks, Lance David Bergerson
[email protected]
# RE: Spacing for root, superscripts and subscripts. Also, stacking.   2007-07-10 10:47:06.460
Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Staff
The evaluation version of Keyman Desktop Light is identical to the full version. The only difference that you will see is the 30 day trial period.

I believe the issue you are experiencing is due to a limitation in the version of Windows you are running. The Tibetan fonts are documented to work correctly in the following situation (from the Tibetan Machine Uni font documentation):

:

On Windows XP & 2000 the font currently works with Office 2003 sp1.

The Tibetan fonts require an updated version of the Windows component called "Uniscribe" from Microsoft. Unfortunately, due to Microsoft's distribution policy on Uniscribe, there is no easy way to do this. The following webpage may be helpful:

http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=Replace_USP10dll

The link below is apparently to enable correct display of Sinhala in Windows but I have heard that it works with Tibetan as well:

http://www.mrt.ac.lk/sinhala/SinhalaXP0.4.zip

Kind Regards,

Marc Durdin
Tavultesoft Pty Ltd